1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the responsible person.
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data in this context is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Tobias Lindenberg, Lohmühlenweg 35, 53881 Euskirchen, Germany, Tel.: +49 (0) 177 6267375, e-mail: [email protected]. The controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or requests to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the string "https://" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
During the mere informational use of our website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect such data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data is not passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively should concrete indications point to illegal use.
3) Content Delivery Network
3.1 AWS CloudFront (Amazon).
On our website we use the Content Delivery Network ("CDN") "AWS CloudFront" of the service provider "Amazon" (Amazon EU S.a. r.l., 38 avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg).
A content delivery network is an online service that is used in particular to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the Internet. The use of Amazon's Content Delivery Network helps us to optimize the loading speeds of our website.
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
On our website, we use a so-called Content Delivery Network ("CDN") of the technology service provider Cloudflare Inc, 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107, USA ("Cloudflare"). A content delivery network is an online service that is used in particular to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the Internet. The use of Cloudflare's Content Delivery Network helps us to optimize the loading speeds of our website.
The processing is carried out pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Cloudfare (Data Processing Addendum, viewable at https://www.cloudflare.com/media/pdf/cloudflare-customer-dpa.pdf), which obliges Cloudfare to protect the data of our site visitors and not to pass it on to third parties. For the transfer of data from the EU to the USA, Cloudfare relies on so-called standard data protection clauses of the European Commission, which are intended to ensure compliance with the European level of data protection in the USA.
4) Contacting us
In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or email), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of using a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for contacting you and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of this data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. If your contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your request. This is the case when the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
5) Use of social media: videos
Use of Youtube videos
This website uses the Youtube embedding function to display and play videos from the provider "Youtube", which belongs to Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google").
Regardless of a playback of the embedded videos, a connection to the Google network is established each time this website is called up, which may trigger further data processing operations without our influence.
Insofar as legally required, we have obtained your consent for the processing of your data as described above in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, deactivate this service in the "Cookie Consent Tool" provided on the website.
6) Web analytics services
This website uses "Plausible", a web analytics tool provided by Plausible Insights OÜ.
Västriku tn 2, 50403, Tartu, Estonia. It is used to anonymously record interactions of randomly selected individual visitors with the website. This results in a log of, for example, mouse movements and clicks with the aim of identifying potential improvements to the respective website. At no time are personal data collected or processed. When using this website, Plausible only collects non-personal data such as information about the browser and the user agent. This data is stored in a non-personal form and evaluated for statistical purposes. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for our evaluation purposes.
If personal data is processed in individual cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the statistical evaluation of user behavior for optimization purposes in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO.
For more information about Plausible and the data processing carried out by the tool, please visit https://plausible.io/data-policy.
7) Rights of the data subject
7.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of access and intervention) vis-à-vis the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, which we inform you about below:
- Right of access pursuant to Art. 15 DSGVO: In particular, you have the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to object to processing, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from you by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the implications for you and the intended effects of such processing, as well as your right to be informed about the safeguards pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR in case of onward transfer of your data to third countries;
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 DSGVO: You have the right to have any inaccurate data relating to you corrected without delay and/or to have any incomplete data stored by us completed;
- Right to erasure pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17 (1) DSGVO are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data, which you dispute, is verified, if you refuse the erasure of your data due to unlawful data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have objected on the grounds of your particular situation as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate grounds prevail;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 DSGVO: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent given in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO: You have the right to revoke consent to the processing of data once given at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have - without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy - the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement.
7.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A BALANCING OF INTERESTS ON THE BASIS OF OUR OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE AT ANY TIME FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE PROCESSING IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING THAT OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH MARKETING. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
8) Duration of the storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is measured on the basis of the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant - additionally on the basis of the respective statutory retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law).
When processing personal data on the basis of explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his or her consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that is processed within the scope of legal or quasi-legal obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO, this data will be routinely deleted after the retention periods have expired, provided that it is no longer required for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or there is no legitimate interest on our part in continuing to store it.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object pursuant to Art. 21(1) DSGVO, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object pursuant to Article 21 (2) DSGVO.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this statement about specific processing situations, stored personal data will otherwise be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.