RCON (Remote Control) is a protocol for executing commands on a server without having to have direct access to the console.
How do I use RCON?
- download a RCON program
- open the program
- click on Connect and enter the IP of the server and the corresponding admin password
- you can find the admin password in the game server settings
- confirm the connection. Now you can enter commands via the console.
RCON using ARKON as an example, protocol from the game Ark:Survival Envolved
Download the client under the article on https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/530646715637849031/. After the download you have to open the program. Now you can configure the settings, for which you have to go to 'Settings' in the program. There you have to enter the following properties:
- Config name: (freely selectable)
- Server IP: your server IP
- RCON Port: your RCON Port.
- Password: your server admin password
- Chat name: (freely selectable)
Now you can save the settings and connect to your server. After that you can enter commands on your server via the console.